Dear Adriana,

it is possible to use the keyword "dft" in the "&input" section for the ld1.x/atomic code.
Setting it to

dft='PW86PBE'

will create a pseudo - at least it worked for me using QE 6.1

Using the input found in the beginning of the pseudo files of the pslibrary as starting point it is actually quite simple to create your own pseudo. Then you can use the article as a test case for your pseudo ;)

Regards

Thomas