Dear all,

I was wondering which approach would be better suited to describe an efield
applied across a 2D system with surface normal in z direction. Judging from
the docs both can be used to apply a field but I am curious if one has an
advantage over the other. I further found the "gatefield" example in qe 6.2
and I am curious if that would be favorable over above.

The "goal" is to see if the band-structure/absorption spectrum modulation
by an external electric field can be modeled with pwscf.

Thanks in advance for you insights!

Best,
Chris

--
Postdoctoral Researcher
Center for Quantum Nanoscience, Institute for Basic Science