Gilles GIGAN wrote:
> Hi all,
> In the intialisation section of my application, I reset the pan & tilt
> of a Logitech QuickCam Sphere (046d:08b5) using
> ioctl(VIDIOCPWCMPTRESET). Sometimes during the reset, the webcam stays
> stuck after panning to one of its exteme position (the tilt doesnt and
> comes back to the center).

Hmmm, I've never seen that. I wonder if it's a version thing, as my unit
is now several years old...

In any event, I added pan/tilt to camstream 0.26.3.  I use the
VIDIOCPWCMPTRESET in a "reset-to-(0,0)" function to ensure the position
in case of manual adjust while powered off.  Just used this control
about 30 times with consistent results.

--
David N. Lombard