Style sheets are great when they work, but complicated style sheets often
don't work on some browsers. That is why you don't see Swiki using style
sheets a bunch. Some of the color schemes do use style sheets to a
limited extent, so I'm not completely against the idea.

I think your idea of a style sheet-based color scheme may be an idea
whose time has come. Check out the color schemes in
/swiki/default/files/schemes. When you see things like editHead.sm, this
will be directly inserted into where it says <?editHead?> in the
templates. So, you can add style sheets support by creating a new color
scheme.

Peace and Luck!

Je77

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 09:27:19PM +0100, Julian Rohrhuber wrote:
> would it be hard to add the possibility to a swiki form
> to add the stylesheet to the head?
> currently I add it to the body, which works, but is not correct html.
>
> maybe a <?head?> or <?editHead?> text.
>
> also:
>
> a theme that is entirelly configurable by stylesheets would be quite useful.
> the links, like edit, refs, ... could be all simple text wrapped in
> other elements, like the happy smilie and the swiki logo. Then it
> would be really easy to change the layout and create different forms.
>
> btw. on http://csszengarden.com it is demonstrated how many designs
> one can create from one simple html page.
>
> I'm not sure where to start really. Maybe someone could point me out
> to where the files are hidden? It is really hard to understand what's
> going on - where is the information of how the page is assembled from
> the template?
> --
>

> .

Jochen "Je77" Rick, PhD Candidate, Georgia Tech College of Computing
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.je77.com/, work: 404-385-1105