Hmm. Are you on the machine you are trying to start squeak from or is it
a separate server? We've had some problems with the latter, because of
incompatibilities between the linux systems (client vs. server). You
could just configure it properly on your desktop and then move it to the
server and use the --headless option.

Peace and Luck!

Jeff

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 01:20:26PM -0700, Christopher Adams wrote:
> I have installed a Swiki on a Linux machine.
>
> >From the ComSwiki directory, I issued this command:
>
> ./squeak squeak.image
>
> The resulting message is:
>
> Could not open display `(null)'
>

> I have used this Swiki on a Windows machine before but not on Linux.
>
> Can someone provide some guidance?
>

> Christopher Adams

Jochen "Jeff" Rick, PhD Candidate, Georgia Tech College of Computing
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.je77.com/, work: 404-385-1105