Hello Michiel,

Perhaps you are not using streams, and therefore suffering from Python
overhead (which would otherwise be more or less masked by asynchronous
kernel execution). This depends, of course, on how long do your
kernels take to execute on average.

Also, your declarations do not look good to me. Allocating 100k
element array on the stack is almost definitely a bad idea (I think
the compiler allocates them in global memory anyway, because there's
just not enough registers and local memory for them, and you may end
up using them very ineffectively).