Why should the overhead be measured separately?  For users of these
systems, the Python overhead is unavoidable.  The time spent running
on the GPU alone is an important implementation detail for people
improving systems like PyCUDA, but users of these systems see overhead
costs exposed in their overall application performance, and so I don't
see how the overhead can be ignored.

- bryan