Luigi Assom <luigi.as...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Andreas,
>
> thank you for your feedback:
>
> Which prerequisite must have a data structure to be good for GPU?
> Should I allocate exact size of memory for each array ?

I hate to say it, but let me just state two facts: (1) There's no canned
functionality for what you'd like to accomplish (intersection of string
lists, IIUC). You'd have to piece this together out of parallel
primitives (scan/sort) or just handwritten (in C) kernels. String
sorting on the GPU is something that people publish legitimate research
papers on. (2) Learning to do these things (unfortunately) takes a
considerable time investment--think months. So please understand that
the friendly folks on the mailing list won't be able to give you a quick
tutorial, or even provide you with an 'easy answer'.

Sorry,
Andreas