Vincent Favre-Nicolin <fa...@esrf.fr> writes:
> 1) if there is a way to have an element-wise kernel with
> no_extern_c=True - but I don’t know how to resolve the name mangling
> issue to access the kernel function ?
>
> 2) add a ‘cpp_preamble’ option to SourceModule and ElementwiseKernel
> (and others) to add a preamble before the ‘extern “C”’

1) would be the preferred option from my perspective. Simply sticking an
"extern "C" in front of the kernel declaration would likely
suffice. There is a backward compatibility concern here for other
potentially mangled names in the preamble, but ElementwiseKernel doesn't
really expose the SourceModule, so it's IMO unlikely that someone tried
to get those symbols.

Andreas