The following forum message was posted by fabioz at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/forums/forum/293649/topic/3755529:

Hi Brian,

For that to work, you\'d have to do your own plugin similar to the
org.python.pydev.jython plugin. Still, I\'m not sure if you\'ll be able to
depend on the org.python.pydev.jython plugin and on your own plugin as the
imports will be the same for the same classes (as it\'s jython but only a
different version).

If you didn\'t depend on pydev, that should work (although I didn\'t really
test if it works having different plugins with the same namespaces).

The internal version for pydev is Jython 2.1 (yes, it\'s a bit old). I was
thinking on updating, but didn\'t want to double the download size of pydev at
the time just to get a newer Jython (I did take a look at it and with some work
it can get smaller again, but still didn\'t get time to go through that).

If you want, an option would be checking the latest jython release and making
it smaller again (I had written to the jython list at the time at:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.jython.user/8459 ). If you\'re able
to get it smaller again, there\'d be no problem upgrading the jython pydev is
using (so, you could keep using it and not worrying about having a secondary
plugin with jython).

Cheers,

Fabio