The following forum message was posted by ptumati at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/forums/forum/293649/topic/4689546:

Hi, I am new to pydev and so this might be a bit naïve question: I installed
pydev plugin on my eclipse (3.7). I noticed that every time I create a new
workspace,
I have to provide the python interpreter path. I tried to find a way to make
my /usr/bin/python default so that whenever the user creates a new workspace,
he doesn’t have to configure the python interpreter… I came across this:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/forums/forum/293649/topic/3953077?message
=8789799

I have also come across another message “yes, pydev does not support the
variables
defined in eclipse for now.”
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/forums/forum/293649/topic/3822328
Does this mean that I can’t define an eclipse variable that sets the default
python path so that the user doesn’t have to set it everytime he creates a
new workspace?
Is this “configure interpreter per workspace” a design decision or am I
missing something.
Thanks,