The following forum message was posted by  at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/forums/forum/293649/topic/4970443:

Hello,

Are there any plans to support Jython 2.5.2 in the embedded Jython interpreter
console (I'm talking about the version that comes with Pydev plugins and is
used when you start an interpreter within the Eclipse JVM).  I need this in
order to use the Django library which uses the yield keyword which was
introduced
in Python 2.4 I think.

I have tried replacing the copy of Jython that comes with Pydev but ran into
a few issues.

1.  The stderr stream does not work when you create a console in the Eclipse
JVM.  I don't know why but I worked around this by the following:

class WritableObject:
    def __init__(self, old_stderr):
        self.content = []
        self.old_stderr = old_stderr
    def write(self, string):
        self.old_stderr.write (string)
        self.old_stderr.flush()

old_stderr = sys.stderr
sys.stderr = WritableObject(old_stderr)

For some reason the errors are not flushing to the screen so this made it work.

2.  Whenever I close the embedded Jython interpreter it crashes Eclipse.  I
have tried to debug this but it's dying somewhere that I can't get to.

3.  I get a few popup errors because Pydev depends on a Jython class that was
removed (PyClass).  This may be the cause of the other errors too.

So, will Jython be updated or does anybody know of a fix to these issues?

thanks,
brian