To add to what Mats already mentioned:

There are currently at least three efforts for getting better Python support on mobiles:

- PyScript which runs Python in a browser, so you can use a web view to host it inside an application. This does run some data science code, but I'm not sure how far you can get with it.

- BeeWare, which aims to support multiple platforms running Python with the same code, including mobiles.

- Kivy, which has a similar goal to BeeWare, but is more focused on graphics heavy apps.

I don't think any of these natively integrate into an existing Java app, though.

Work on Jython 3 is progressing very slowly. You may want to help out here: https://github.com/jython/jython/tree/main