All,

I was interested in running a compressible simulation with PyFR.  The target
Reynolds number would be 2.146e+06.  A p4 mesh would likely consist of around
15e+06 hexes.  Freddie’s spreadsheet, if I’m reading correctly, estimates a 3-D
double-precision Navier-Stokes problem would require 3.7e+13 bytes or 35.2GiB
of memory to run.  Again, correct me if I’m wrong, but if I recall the
tilmestep should be somewhere between 1/p and 1/p^2 which would be between 0.25
and 0.0625 for a 4th order simulation.  Ideally, I would like to run this out
to steady state.

AWS has p3 instances with 1, 4, and 8 NVIDIA V100 cards available each with
16GB of memory, 5120 CUDA cores, and 7TFLOPS of double-precision performance.
Is this problem tractable in the latest PyFR release?  Does PyFR provide an
inlet boundary condition where a total pressure and total temperature profile
can be specified?

Best Regards,

Zach Davis
Pointwise®, Inc.