In this project I'm working on, the frame rate is supposed to be 60FPS
(0.0167 seconds per frame), but it spikes as high as 0.03 seconds per frame
whenever any input event occurs; it is especially noticeable when using
on_mouse_drag.  Here is event code I'm using:

@window.event
def on_mouse_release(x,y,button,modifiers):
    global mousepressed; mousepressed=0
@window.event
def on_mouse_press(x,y,button,modifiers):
    global mousex, mousey, mousepressed
    mousepressed=button; mousex=x; mousey=y
@window.event
def on_mouse_drag(x,y,dx,dy,button,modifiers):
    global mousex, mousey, mousepressed
    mousepressed=button; mousex=x; mousey=y
@window.event
def on_key_press(symbol,modifiers):
    global keypress; keypress=symbol
@window.event
def on_key_release(symbol,modifiers):
    global keyrelease; keyrelease=symbol

pyglet.clock.schedule_interval(Mainloop,0.0167)
pyglet.clock.set_fps_limit(60)
pyglet.app.run()

As you can see, these event functions are pretty barebones.

Currently, the main loop constantly utilizes the mouse* variables
regardless of whether the inputs are triggered.  As of right now, the
keypress and keyrelease variables are *not* in use anywhere outside of
these 2 functions, yet they affect the frame rate anyway.  All that being
said, the problem must exist in the snippet shown.

I tried removing the global definitions, which didn't help.