Hi Dan,

I still get confused with mercurial sometimes myself, so you're definitely
not alone there.

I finally found a few minutes to give this a try. Unfortunately it looks
like the latest version doesn't play any audio at all for me. The video
also seems to stutter on every video now, which maybe makes sense since
something is up with the audio.

I also ran a few profiles using vmprof (awesome tool, if you've not tried
it). You can see some of my results here with two different videos, a 1080p
mkv and 720p mp4, both x264 codec:
(python -m vmprof --web media_player <video>)
http://vmprof.com/#/88671822-4aed-4d22-8093-4ea844b79fb0
http://vmprof.com/#/19aa7b4f-a178-4cff-ab70-ce9942611ac9
As far as I can tell it looks normal. The time seems to be spent pretty
much where you would expect, since it's mainly just moving data around and
updating textures.

Nice work on the package. I'll have a look at it and see if I can figure
out the import issue.