Hi,
I have never written tests for Pyglet, so please take whatever I say with a
pinch of sault. I do however know that there is an option for not having
the shadow window. I think it's pyglet.options['SHADOW_WINDOW'] = False.

HTH,

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 3:21 PM, Paul Everitt <paulwever...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm a contributor to Arcade, the Python 3.6+ 2d game library. I'm
> converting the existing doctests to pytest and trying to introduce some
> faster unit testing. In particular, not firing up a GUI window on each test.
>
> I had hoped to make a MockWindow that I used to stub
> pyglet.window.BaseWindow. The challenge: this line:
>
> from pyglet.window import Window
>
> ...immediately triggers a GUI window. Here are the last three lines in
> pyglet.window.__init__.py:
>
> # XXX remove
> # Create shadow window. (trickery is for circular import)
> if not _is_pyglet_docgen:
>     pyglet.window = sys.modules[__name__]
>     gl._create_shadow_window()
>

> The last line is done with non-import trickery that appears beyond the
> reach of mocking. Thus, I'm interested in some feedback:
>
> - Am I totally on the wrong path, and unit testing a method on a subclass
> of BaseWindow requires a window?
>
> - Should I refactor arcade.Window to subclass from something which
> subclasses BaseWindow, to give me a place to step in?
>
> - Does anybody have a pyglet application with tests that don't spawn
> windows?
>
> Thanks, and I confess that it is likely I am looking at this all wrong.
>
> --Paul
>
> --

Take care,

Chris Norman