While a cool initiative, why not use the existing programming discord server?
(invite: https://discord.gg/010z0Kw1A9ql5c1Qe)

It has rooms for both python and gamedev, and has a large userbase. Share your
knowledge!

From: Benjamin Moran
Sent: Friday, 10 August 2018 10.08
To: pyglet-users
Subject: A new Discord channel

Hi everyone,

I set up a Discord channel for anyone interested in joining.
https://discord.gg/QXyegWe
My intention is not to replace the mailing list discussions, but to provide a
place for chatting during game jams, etc.
It should also be useful for new users to get realtime one on one help.
Feel free to drop by!