Hi all,

as you may know, work has been going on to add gobject-introspection
support to PyGObject. This would mean that we can use from python any
GObject-based library that has introspection support without having to
write and build specific bindings for that library. Most commonly used
GObject-based libraries are already introspectable. Some references:

http://live.gnome.org/PyGObject#head-4c1435acf2c8f8e4803985c78e346399cd8775b3
http://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection/

I think we are close to have the 90% of this effort complete, but
then, the remaining 10% will take 90% of the time...

For a description of the benefits of using dynamic bindings instead of
the static ones, see here:

http://blog.tomeuvizoso.net/2009/05/reducing-sugars-memory-usage.html

In order to reduce my project's footprint, I'm willing to allocate
enough resources to make introspection support feature complete in the
immediate future, including any required work in gobject-introspection
and gir-repository.

But before I can commit to this, I need some clarifications from the community:

- who are the PyGObject maintainers? Is the MAINTAINERS file updated?

- who else can review changes to pygobject? and to pygobject/girepository?

- is the goal of pygobject/girepository reasonable compatibility with
existing code?

Thanks,

Tomeu