Florian Diesch wrote:
> Alessandro Dentella <san...@e-den.it> writes:

>> I don't find announcement on PyGTK addons objectionable and surely not just
>> becouse I'm amoung those who send these announcement every now and then, but
>> becouse I like to be informed on what's moving aroung the pygtk world and I
>> happened to use software that was advertized on this list.
>>

> I like to read here announcements of projects that help me to use PyGtk in
> some way if they are not too frequent.
> I don't want to get announcements of every projects that uses PyGtk.

I agree. I don't think this list has a problem with too much
announcement traffic. It isn't
what I'd call a heavy-traffic list in general. Provided the
announcements stay with stuff
that is useful for the general PyGTK user (i.e. competitors like PyGUI
should go elsewhere)
I would say it's just fine as it is.

I'd say a much bigger problem is that a large percentage of questions
here never get answered,
but there are no easy solutions to that of course...

>> To be even more clear, I would rather prefer if announcement stayed in this
>> same list.
>>

> +1

+1

/Geoff