> Not sure if I missed something, .. but what do you mean by an all in one
> installer?
>
> I read it as you download one package from http://www.pygtk.org and you
> would get pyGTK, pyCairo, pyGObject installed as one monolithic package.
>
> I ask as I have previously put an NSIS wapper around GTK runtime, pyGTK,
> pyCario, pyGObject installers before, so the one setup.exe package fires
> off  4 separate installers, you still get 4 installation processes
> happening (and 4 sets of confirmation screens) within the bundle, but I
> don't think that is what your talking about when you say all-in-one
> installer.

Well I would be satisfied with that initially, an installer that just go and
executes the other installers in turn. Considering only this meta-installer
there is still room for improvement from the basic "install the runtime +
pygtk etc". For example, this meta-installer should consider
 * is there already GTK in the path, and what version
 * should it install python too
 * what if the user already has pygtk etc installed
 * possible more...

However, we both recognise that there is much else that could be done, I
dont know if anyone else has investigated how much work it is to get rid of
the 4 confirmation screens (does setuptools create installers that can be
run with no user intervention?) or to combine them all into one in another
safer manner.

What are your thoughts?

John