Hello,

I have a problem around module.py (from gi) and __attr__ handling.
Under my configuration (GObject/gtk+ 3.12), it is on line 305 of 'module.py'.

One report has been filled on:

Was able to generate profile, to track down some sections.

Under gramps[1], we have a debug tool/gramplet which shows uncollected objects.
Since gramps 4 and use of gtk+3/gi, we have some performance regressions. One
issue leads to a freeze and an unstable behavior after some hours.

My guess is that the cause is gramps plugins attributes loaded as objects and
never purged (or uncollected). Generated profiles[2] point out 'module.py' from
gi! A quick (and dirty) estimation could be that after 3000 uncollected objects
(or ~ 10 000 000 calls!), we have some performance issues.

I suppose that I can understand the basics of python, but fixing such issue
could be really difficult for myself.

So, is there any way to get rid of __attr__ call from module.py?
sys.modules? reload()?

Or is there any workaround for gramps plugins?

[1]
https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_page
[2]
https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=GEPS_016:_Enhancing_Gramps_Processing_Speed#Profile_GUI