On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 2:21 AM, Martin Zibricky <mzibri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 3) Not so good, when I use a spec WITH the BUNDLE request it builds an
>> app bundle (with qt_menu.nib in it, hurrah!), but alas, this app does
>> not run properly: It creates its window and the window responds to
>> mouse clicks, but there are no menus...

> There is one thing you could try: remove the dir
> APP_BUNDLE/Contents/MacOS/qt_menu.nib

I removed qt_menu.nib from Contents/MacOS and the bad behaviour did
not change. I moved it from Resources to MacOS and the app did not
come up, the system console message was "Qt internal error:
qt_menu.nib could not be loaded. The .nib file should be placed in
QtGui.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/  or in the resources
directory of your application bundle."

So no surprise, Contents/Resources is the right place,
Contents/MacOS/qt_menu.nib is superfluous -- but not the source of the
problem.

The bundled app makes a 27MB zip file. Would it help you if I made a
very minimal PyQt4 app and sent the bundle to you?