On 16/09/2016 12:18, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> Am 15.09.2016 um 19:57 schrieb Gianluca Storti:
>> How can I force PyInstaller to leave out that dependency?
>
> You need to *not* make this file a module, but handle it like a data
> file. If you really want to handle it like a module, you'll need to use
> --exclude-module and implement your own import mechanism - which in the
> end will be the same as handling it as a data-file :-)

Security is the other major reason to read in data as data rather than
as a python module is that you an make sure that the data file is never
executed, (by avoiding exec & eval statements). Then if someone
introduces malicious content it will be rejected.

--
Steve (Gadget) Barnes
those of my employer.