On 3/23/17 08:36, Niemann, Hartmut wrote:

Hello!

This may sound strange, and it is ...

I have an application that is mainly an editor but needs to generate an EXE file (an installer) from the edited data.

I would like to embed the making of the installer and not rely on external tools like NSIS.

Is there an equivalent to “pyinstaller.exe --onefile” as a call into a python module?

Would pyinstaller work if i embed it into my program using pyinstaller? Are there extra data files that would need to be included?

If I embed pyinstaller into my program like this, would that mean that my program must be GPLed as well?

I can't speak to the GPL issue, but for the rest of it, you may find this thread informative:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pyinstaller/5NibAVnJvpg/discussion

Best,

coyot
GLENN GLAZER | Senior Software Engineer