Hi,

there are several options:
- proper path to images when running in frozen mode - to load the images in
your app look at this recipe [1]
- issue with qt_plugins - Qt bundles image format support as additional .so
libs - for some reason the plugin
  to read png is not bundled. Maybe the Qt library was compiled in any
non-standard way or the png .so plugin
  is mssing some dependent .dylib files etc.

[1]
https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/wiki/Recipe-Collect-Data-Files

Regards
Martin Zibricky