Since you mention Py 3.7 specifically, I'm just curious as to how much of
this you feel relates to Py 3.7?  When I moved from 3.6.3 to 3.7.1 last
October, it was pretty much painless, but we're using wxPython for gui and
it has been very stable in this regard for years.  Most of my PyInstaller
drama comes from SciPy updates, which always seem to add or restructure
some DLL import somewhere.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pyinstaller/CAP2Qz%2BUvP%2BNVXTXAFDTWLaV0X-W%3DuhBxt%3DgDnaARFGJEJmfmEg%40mail.gmail.com.