Hi Vincent,

I was just browsing the PyInstaller documentation the other day
looking for something unrelated, but I came across this question in
the FAQ:

What about pkg_resources?
pkg_resources is currently not supported by PyInstaller. This means
that an application using a library which uses the the pkg_resources
API will probably not work out of the box. The only situation in which
it works is when it's being used on .egg files (see above). For
details follow issue #183.

See https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/wiki/FAQ

It may be that PyGame is trying to load something via pkg_resources?

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I'm not very familiar with pygame
or pkg_resources.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 8:42 AM Vincent Le Goff
<vincent.legoff....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I'm a new user of PyInstaller and appreciate its simplicity.  I have,
> however, noticed a problem when using pygame.
>

> pygame is an interesting Python library to create games.  It handles
> basic operations (like a simple 2D window, sound output, keyboard
> processing and so on).  When trying to make an executable out of a game
> using pygame, everything seems to work... but things break when pygame
> attempts to load its fonts.  Here's the end of the traceback I receive
> on calling pygame.font.Font (this is in the executable, not the original
> Python script):
>

>    File "site-packages\pygame\pkgdata.py", line 50, in getResource
>    File "site-packages\pkg_resources\__init__.py", line 1134, in
> resource_exists
>    File "site-packages\pkg_resources\__init__.py", line 1404, in
> has_resource
>    File "site-packages\pkg_resources\__init__.py", line 1464, in _has
> NotImplementedError: Can't perform this operation for unregistered
> loader type
>

> (I am running the pyinstaller script in a virtualenv, which might also
> play a role.)
>

> 4The problem doesn't seem to come from pygame directly.  I only have the
> slightest idea of what pkg_resources actually does.  Does it sound
> familiar to you?  And how to fix it?
>

> Thanks for your help,
>

> Vincent
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pyinstaller/4e5a8c6f-c93e-e712-2583-b0da68332a2a%40gmail.com.

Raoul Snyman
B.Tech Information Technology (Software Engineering)
E-Mail:   raoul.sny...@gmail.com
Web:      http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za/
Blog:      http://blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za/
Mobile:   082 550 3754