This doesn't sound like a PyInstaller problem, it sounds like an
execution problem.

How are you executing your program? In Unix-like systems, the current
directory is not part of your PATH, so you have to reference the file
through a relative or absolute path. In most cases where your
executable is in your current directory, you just need to prepend your
call to the executable with "./", for example:

$ ./MyProg

instead of

$ MyProg

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 3:34 AM Ross Duncan <rossdunca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a reasonably complex working python program.
>
> I am new to pyinstaller.
>
> I have managed to create my executable but when it runs all I get is MyProg:
> command not found.
>
> ls -la shows "x" set OK for all users.
>
> I build with --noupx  --onefile  --debug=all proj.spec
>
> proj.spec is the one auto generated with the addition of a folder of json
> files for my code.
>
> I understand I could have build issues.
>
> Can anyone set me on the road to finding the solution?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ross Duncan
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pyinstaller/ffd477aa-c877-4327-87e9-1a780ee58897%40googlegroups.com.

Raoul Snyman
B.Tech Information Technology (Software Engineering)
E-Mail:   raoul.sny...@gmail.com
Web:      http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za/
Blog:      http://blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za/
Mobile:   082 550 3754