I have seen there is Pyinstaller documentation covering why sys.executable and
sys.argv[0] do not work after freezing and bundling into an application.

Due to this I understand why my application works by using the path to the
python executable in, say, an IDE but not after bundling where sys.executable
will now be the frozen .exe.

The documentation, however, does not give an alternative. For my specific issue
I am trying to run a subprocess and need to use the Python interpreter
(sys.executable elsewhere).

Has anybody come across this issue and know a solution?

This is my first post here, so if I need to post more info please let me know :)