Hi,

I'm working by Docker and investigating a weird issue reported on
docker-compose, which is packaged as a standalone binary using PyInstaller.
Thanks for maintaining this awesome project on your spare time by the way :)

Trying to reproduce this issue, I upgraded to Catalina on my own macbook,
and noticed when I run an unknown command, which just display the "usage"
help message, I always get an HTTP request sent to
https://api.apple-cloudkit.com (captured by Charles Proxy). AFAIK CloudKit
is the client library to access iCloud, so I can't see how this relates to
setting up a standalone Python executable, but this is systematic on every
run, and may explain few seconds delay running the command.

If I switch of my Wifi the same command just run within a second.

I'd be happy to run any further analysis that could help diagnose this
issue, just let me know.

Original issue here :https://github.com/docker/compose/issues/6956

--
Nicolas