Hi Hartmut,

Thanks for replying!

I probably should have mentioned that I added a pattern for all files as
well and the behavior is exactly the same, only in pyinstaller frozen
executable no files or folders appear. From source it works as expected.

However, I've been able to work around the problem by modifying my Qt code
*not* to use "Native File Dialogs".
When Qt displays the file dialog using its internal implementation instead
of trying to use the KDE5 one, it works perfectly both in source and frozen
form.

So I'm guessing there must be some shared library that is not
found/included although so far I didn't find any way to get an error
message or to somehow get a grip on the problem.
(Also important: the Qt internal file dialog suffices for my needs, so the
problem is lowered in priority).

Best regards,
Stefaan.