On 7/11/2019 9:44 pm, Hartmut Goebel wrote:

Am 06.11.19 um 23:35 schrieb Brendan Simon (eTRIX):
Is there a way to get PyInstaller to only package the modules that the app will use (other than commenting out code everywhere?)

pyinstaller --help is your friend.

I have been through all the documents and stackoverflow.  I am using a spec file and have been playing with filtering out various files before producing the exe.  e.g. removing all the ".npy" and ".npz" data files that I don't need.

So running `pyinstaller --help` did help me focus back on `--exclude-module`.  This by itself doesn't do what I want, which is for pyinstaller to not include modules it never sees (or what the app would never see if run).  Maybe that's not possible to do?

Anyway using `--exclude-module` at command line would mean I need different scripts with different sets of command arguments (or one script with some settings).

Thinking about it more, I could probably do it in the spec file too, by importing those CONFIG attributes from the app and setting the `excludes` list as required.

I'll give that a whirl.

Vielen Dank !