I think you need to rethink a bit what you are doing here:

You are calling a python program from within a python program? Why? Do you
need two programs running?

If you do have a good reason, then you need to rethink how you are using
PyInstaller (and maybe it's not the right tool).

PyInstaller is designed to make ONE single application out of a pile of
Python code. It sounds like you need two (or more?) applications. In which
case, I think there are ways to make multiple top level programs that share
the same libs, etc. Do a little googling, I can't find it at the moment,
but it is possible, if not well tested.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov