Hi,
> https://www.pyinstaller.org/license.html
> <https://www.pyinstaller.org/license.html>
> PyInstaller is distributed under the GPL license (see the
> file COPYING.txt
> <https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/blob/develop/COPYING.txt?raw=true>
>  in
> the source code), with a special exception *which allows to use
> PyInstaller to build and distribute non-free programs* (including
> commercial ones).
>
> Could you clarify if the license still allow the commercial binaries
> built through pyInstaller to be distributed under GPLv2?

I'm not sure if I understood your question.

So you program's source is licensed under the GPLv2? You cant to
build/freeze it using PyInstaller - which is GPLv2 licensed, too?

Did reading COPYING.txt
<https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/blob/develop/COPYING.txt?raw=true>,
which contains the "official" license, not solve youe question? Then we
might need to extend the explansion there.

--
Schönen Gruß
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult, Landshut