After some work I found out two thing that might help to understand better
my situation:

   1.

   1)The .exe application works on my device (even outside the anaconda env
   where I've installed poppler and pdftotext) but It doesn't work on others
   devices (I've tried two different windows laptop and the error is the
   same); the script without 'pdftotext' work on every devices
   2.

   2)In the dist folder (build by pyinstaller) appears a single file with
   the name pdftotext: the file is 'pdftotext.cp37-win_amd64.pyd' (i'm not
   sure what is it). In my anaconda env there are only two file which contains
   the string 'pdftotext': the files are 'pdftotext.cp37-win_amd64.pyd' and
   'pdftotext.exe'