Sorry to resend this, but I’ve gotten no replies and still have not found a solution for this. I’m observing the same behaviour now on High Sierra.
It is truly driving me crazy…

ANY hint will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi guys,

I have built a Python/Tkinter app, which works well in every respect,
with the following exception: When opened, the app's icon briefly
appears on the Dock and then disappears, even though the app
is still running (i.e. the GUI window is open, as it should)

FYI: The dock icon is contained within myappsname/Contents/Resources,
and from what I can tell, the Info.plist file looks fine (attached).

I'm using Pyinstaller 3.6 on Mac El Capitan.

Many thanks for any hints on how to solve this one!

Cheers,

Thor.