Hello PyInstaller community,

We use PyInstaller with python3 to create an executable that access gitlab
API with python-gitlab package.  We run this executable on several docker
images.

On dockerhub python / openjdk images everything works fine, but on
dockerhub node (debian based) there is a runtime error that shows up as
soon as the first https request to the gitlab API is made. Looks like dns
lookup is not initialised properly.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 159, in _new_conn
  File "site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 61, in
create_connection
  File "socket.py", line 918, in getaddrinfo
socket.gaierror: [Errno -2] Name or service not known

When running the code with python3 directly  on the node image after
installing  python-gitlab package everything works fine. That fact makes me
quit sure, that it is no issue with image itself but with PyInstaller

Does anyone has a clue how to solve that issue or how to dig further