Hi everyone,

I have a python code that internally uses *numpy *(plus other dependencies)
to perform some basic numerical operations.

I installed *numpy* as "*conda install numpy*" (Windows 10) meaning that it
includes and uses the *mkl libraries*. After running pyinstaller on this
code, I have an executable that contains the *mkl libraries. *I can see
those dlls when I run the executable and check the folder created in Temp
with all the dependencies uncompressed. Nevertheless, when I run the
executable, t*he program crashes* when it tries to use numpy with the
optimized mkl libraries (a *numpy.dot*(..,..) operation). I copied the
executable to the folder where I have the dlls of the mkl libraries in my
system and the program runs properly.

*Question*: why the mkl libraries are not properly detected/used during
runtime even if they are included in the executable?  Is there a way to set
the .specs to link properly to those dlls instead of copying always the
dlls next to the program or adding to the path? If not, is there a way to
properly exclude the mkl libs from the executable if in any case I need to
use them from a different folder ?

Thanks,

Ricardo
RaC