On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 1:29 AM Steve Barnes <gadgetst...@live.co.uk> wrote:

> Pyinstallers job isn't to install Python it is to create a file/folder
> with your code and enough of python for your code to run.

I did say at the beginning "I don’t think this is the use-case for
pyinstaller". I'm asking if people on the mailing list know about other
tools. For example Higor mentioned pyz's which I hadn't thought of in this
context.

> If you want to install python go to https://python.org and download
> python for your platform.

Also: I don't want to install Python. I want to install my app which
depends upon Python. But t depends upon pretty much all of Python,
including pip.

> If you need to have pip as a part of your code installation you need to
> tell pyinstaller to include it.

I was told that this won't work.

https://www.mail-archive.com/pyinstaller@googlegroups.com/msg08478.html

"You're never going to run anything pip related from a PyInstaller app"