The “distribution was not found and is required by the application” means
that you’re using pkg_resources.get_distribution("local_module_2")
somewhere? This should only work (PyInstaller or otherwise) if local module
2 is a fully fledged package. What do you mean by *local module*? Is it
just a folder containing Python scripts or does it have a
setup.py/setup.cfg or pyproject.toml?