On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 7:48 AM Paul Fishback <fishback.p...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> So, following the steps at
> https://pyinstaller.readthedocs.io/en/stable/spec-files.html, I could add
> the run time option -F,--onefile in my spec file by defining
>
> options=[('F' ,None,'OPTION')]
>
> and including this as a parameter of my EXE instance, e.g.
>
> exe = EXE(pyz,
>           a.scripts,
>           [],
>           options,...)

I believe that 'options' is for Python runtime, not for PyInstaller command
line.  You need to generate a .spec file that aggregates the binaries into
the EXE phase.   The easiest way to do that is

> pyinstaller --onefile myscript.py

and then use the 'myscript.spec' as the basis for any further
modifications.  Once you have the .spec file, then feed it to pyinstaller,
instead of the script.