I dislike replying to my own message, but I've forgotten to add a thing or to.

During my multiple compile attempts, I never did a 'make install' after my initial installation. Once the compile finishes, I copy '*.a' from the $QTDIR/lib to my installation directory (/usr/lib/qt3/lib). I've done this with both a 'prefix' and without a 'prefix' in my configuration. I'm running a totally fresh compile now, and will not do a 'make install'. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd very much like to hear them.

Thanks again.

Steven

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if you get this twice. I sent it from the wrong account the first time (one that isn't subscribed to the list). Anyway, I spent a good bit of the day looking for an answer to this that actually worked. Quick specs:

Linux-based (kernel 2.4.20)
Python 2.2.2
GCC 3.2.1
Glibc 2.3.1
PyQT 3.5
QT 3.1.1
SIP 3.5
QScintilla 1.49

I've compiled / installed everything without error, but I'm getting the following error when importing qt:

Python 2.2.2 (#1, Dec 31 2002, 09:20:52)
[GCC 3.2.1 (CRUX)] on linux2
>>> import qt
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qt.py", line 39, in ?
import libqtc
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK16QAssistantClient9classNameEv

I've found a few references in the mailing list about this and they all spoke of installing QT without the prefix option. I've done this (multiple times) I've installed it with the prefix option (again, multiple times). I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong.

'ldd' shows that libqtcmodule.so.1.0.0 is linked against the correct qt library on my system:

libqt-mt.so.3 => /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 (0x4073a000)

On my most recent compile of QT, I used this configuration:

/root/qt-x11-commercial-3.1.1/configure -release -shared -qt-gif -system-zlib -no-fast -platform linux-g++ -thread -nis -stl -system-libpng -system-libjpeg -system-libmng -no-nas-sound -plugin-imgfmt-png -plugin-imgfmt-jpeg -plugin-imgfmt-mng -sm -xft -tablet -xkb -no-exceptions -plugin-sql-mysql -L/usr/lib/mysql -I/usr/include/mysql

The only difference in my configures of QT has been the inclusion or exclusion of 'prefix /usr/lib/qt3'

I installed in the following order:
Python
<MySQL>
QT
SIP
QScintilla
PyQT

I'm still pretty new to programming and all its wonderful joys, so hopefully there is someone that can assist me. My apologies for the length of this message, and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Steven