On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 6:59 AM, Mariano Mara <mariano.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Marius Gedminas's message of Thu Dec 30 17:16:21 -0300 2010:
>> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 04:24:05PM -0300, Mariano Mara wrote:
>> > Excerpts from Marius Gedminas's message of Thu Dec 30 15:55:33 -0300 2010:

>> (I meant writing tests, not coordinating the effort.  I lack
>> time and leadership skills for the latter.)
>
> I'm not in better shape than you but let me propose something to see if
> it's doable.

>> > That's how I did it so I hope you're right. I already added tests for
>> > webob.html_escape and webob.datetime_utils and I'm working on
>> > webob.cookies right now [1].
>> >
>> > Would you like to lead and distribute the workload? It would be great so
>> > we can prevent duplication of effort.
>>
>> That's a bit ironic: I spent about an hour writing tests for
>> html_escape, without noticing your email, resulting in duplicated
>> effort.
>>
>> See
>>
>>   https://bitbucket.org/mgedmin/webob/changeset/367603e5138b
>>
>> compare with
>>

>> https://bitbucket.org/mgedmin/webob/changeset/ed29414cd65b#chg-tests/html_escape.txt
>>
>> I like mine maybe a bit better -- it has descriptions, and, I think,
>> tests a few more cases.  *shrug*
>>

> Since both Gael and you have already invested time with html_escape I
> would say we keep both versions. I guess having some duplicate tests
> wouldn't hurt. I deleted my version since your versions are far more
> complete.
>
>> My repository currently has two unmerged heads, and I'm uncertain what
>> to do about it.
>>

> I like to suggest the following plan: so far Danny, Kyle, you and me
> volunteer. I would like to pull your last changes and merge them in my
> repo, run the tests and distribute the remaining untested lines of code
> in equal parts between the four of us (my less than superficial
> knowledge of webob prevents me from suggesting a more clever way to do
> it but if somebody have a better idea I will gladly accept it).
> I can subscribe to your repos, pull and merge changes in mine and run
> the tests with python 2.4 and up.
> Once we are all done, I can make a pull request from webob.
>
> Sounds reasonable?

Instead of dividing equally I suggest that whenever you find some time
just write some tests for something you see no one else is doing. The
key here is to know what the others are working on.

Maybe you could make your webob repo writable to Kyle, Gael, Marius
and me so that we can push our changes as soon as we start doing
something. When you think your repo is in shape you can make a pull
request to the master webob repo.

Danny Navarro  |  http://dannynavarro.net