Typically my models are not very smart, so I am not usually worried about
model-bugs interfering with other tests and I just insert real ones into a
sqlite:///:memory: database. However,

def view_under_test(request):
    return
dict(user_id=request.db.query(User).get(authenticated_userid(request)).user_id)

class ClassyView(object):
    User=User

# ... another file:

def test_view():
    # I do define mock objects at function scope and do not re-use them:
    class Request(object): pass
    class User(object): user_id = 4
    class SQLAlchemy(object):
        def query(self, klass): return self
        def get(self): return User()
    r = Request()
    r.db = SQLAlchemy()
    assert view_under_test(r)['user_id'] == 4

def test_classy_view():
    cv = ClassyView()
    class User(object): pass
    cv.User = User