Hi all,

I am new to Pyramid and in the last days I was studying the handbook. When I
tried out the tutorials, an issue came up. Tutorial "wiki1" tells after
installing Pyramid itself to install more components
[1]<http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/1.0/tutorials/wiki/installation.html#preparation-unix>,

of which repoze.tm is one. Unfortunately, starting the app throws an
exception that says "Module repoze.tm has no 'default_commit_veto'
attribute".
After extensive research (I am new to all of this stuff, so I had to read
about virtualenv and its wrapper, setuptools vs. distribute, easy_install
vs. pip, and of course repoze.tm) I found that easy_installs pulls repoze.tm
1.0a5 and not the latest 1.0b1, where this method is defined. Luckily, I
earlier tried tutorial "wiki2" and remembered that there repoze.tm2 is
mentioned. Using this also in "wiki1" solved the problem. (And hopefully
does not introduce others which I am not aware of...)

Side note: as somebody in some mailing list mentioned, distribute and pip is
the new hotness <http://s3.pixane.com/pip_distribute.png>. I used them
successfully in the tutorials, maybe you can update the narrative.
Also, following the tutorials by the word, I had to call virtualenv with the
switch "--setuptools", otherwise it would default to 'distribute'.

KR, drebbin