Hi

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 5:54 AM, Seth <seedifferen...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> How are other people connecting to a db with high-traffic sites using
> Pyramid and avoiding the static_route re-connection nonsense? Perhaps we
> could request to get a matched_route object on the NewRequest event object?

I usually try to stick to a connection that is always on environ.
You'd have a wsgi middleware that always try to get the connection
from the threadinglocal and expose that under some environ key, say,
'conn.mongo'.
If the middleware fails to get that from the thread, you'd create
another connection and then re-expose it under the same key.

Regards,
Fernando