Hi Domen,

I would agree with you if it would really complicate things much, but I
can't see why it would. All those cases are really simple to implement and
I don't see any security risks either as the configuration of the hash
algorithm is under full control of the application developer using it.
However, if Chris disagrees, I can remove all those features and really
restrict it to basic algorithms (in this case I would prefer to offer all
those currently supported by hashlib.

Now on to the work: I have finished the code and also implemented some new
tests to assure it works. But here is where I will now need help from more
experienced developers: How can I make sure I have full coverage of all
situations? This seems to be the most tricky part. In fact, I think I
should have covered all parts but this is because I assume that there is no
interaction between the hashalg and the parameters I put in (e.g. should I
test with and without tokens explicitly? I chose not to).

Before I submit a patch for pyramid on github, I would kindly ask for some
code review by experienced developers. Under
https://github.com/Javex/pyramid/tree/feature.auth_multiple_hashalgs you
will find my cloned repository's feature branch. Please have a look at it,
maybe clone it and tell me what I possibly missed. If feedback is positive,
I will submit a pull request to pyramid.

Please note: *I consider this finished, so I now await feedback.

*Regards,
Florian