Hi,

If I have other objects other than String, which is holding a jpg or png
file, I like to return it as Response body, how can I do?

I tried a piece of code like this:

    mimetype = image/png
    body = fs.open(access_path, 'rb')

    return Response(body, content_type=mimetype)

Here "body" is an buffer object from a kind of filesystem which represents
the content in the file. Since, it doesn't support len() like String. I
can't passed the Response check for len(). I tried app_iter also like this:

    return Response(app_iter=[body], content_type=mimetype)

But, if I did like this, the wsgiref will complain about the body is not
String type.

===========

2012-12-29 23:33:59,521 INFO  [fs.tahoelafs][MainThread] (4363489744)
Opening file /family/Ada/IMG_0355.JPG in mode rb

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/wsgiref/handlers.py",

line 86, in run

    self.finish_response()

  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/wsgiref/handlers.py",

line 127, in finish_response

    self.write(data)

  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/wsgiref/handlers.py",

line 202, in write

    assert type(data) is StringType,"write() argument must be string"

AssertionError: write() argument must be string

Is there anyway to work around this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

-Shu