"Take over" implies ownership.  Is that what you mean?

You could be added as a Core Developer so that you can manage pull requests.
https://github.com/orgs/Pylons/teams/core-developers

You are more than welcome to make contributions to the code, following the contribution guidelines.
http://www.pylonsproject.org/community/how-to-contribute

--steve

On 7/19/15 at 1:21 PM, and...@shadura.me (Andrew Shadura) pronounced:

Hello everyone,

I'm one of the developers of Kallithea, a source code hosting and
review system, which is currently based on Pylons 1.0. As we're busy
polishing essential features of the software, we don't currently have
time or manpower to migrate to some less obsolete framework, so we
stick to Pylons. It happens we need certain things to be fixed in
Pylons, but it seems the old code doesn't receive much love these days
and it's not really well-maintained.

I wonder, what if we take over the maintenance of the project and so
that we can keep it more alive than it is currently? We'd really not
like to have our own fork of Pylons :)

[0] https://kallithea-scm.org/

--
Cheers,